Our client is a renewable energy development company that was founded in 2011. Active in all major markets east of the Rockies, they are developing a portfolio of 4.7 GW of grid scale solar and is aggressively adding new wind projects and stand alone battery storage. With a single, long term and stable financial backer, they focus on the full development cycle from early stage green field all the way through NTP and is able to take aggressive positions in markets early, beating the crowds. Their success is based on entering markets early, solving complex development challenges, and always taking a collaborative approach with key project stakeholders.
They are looking to hire a developer with 7+ years of experience identifying new wind projects and shepherding them through the full development cycle. Wind experience in PJM, MISO and on complex sites is strongly preferred.
• Identify new projects by synthesizing GIS data, local regulations, land availability, wind data and internally generated interconnection analysis.
• Manage consultant teams to successful acquire all necessary interconnection agreements and local, state, and federal permits.
• Implement land acquisition initiatives by building relationships with landowners and local authorities. Represent the company where appropriate, assist in overseeing outside land agents, and use landowner and community intelligence to provide the team with tactical advice and well-informed risk/reward analyses.
• Carry out real estate and title diligence procedures, collaborating with outside counsel and consultants to guarantee that environmental assessments and surveys are carried out effectively.
• High proficiency in Google Earth and standard GIS tools.
• Proficiency in reading, understanding and analyzing interconnection information such as pre-application studies, feasibility and system impact study results.
• Proficiency in analyzing and synthesizing wind data to aid project siting.
• At least 7 years of experience developing wind projects in PJM and/or MISO.
• Strong understanding of the terms and conditions of real estate contracts and quick ability to identify the most important clauses in land agreements and legal papers.
• Experienced in coordinating with external consultants and service providers.
• Knowledge of how to prepare for and successfully navigate challenging, fact-based project zoning procedures at the county- or state-level.
• Ability to utilize Excel spreadsheets, create excel trackers and be able to use Word and Powerpoint for reporting/presentations via teams or in person.