Join this company a major player in heavy-civil construction in North America. They specialize in challenging projects such as dam power transmission and distribution, sewer and water pipeline projects, construction, and rehabilitation. Our client is seeking a Tunneling Project Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate should have strong organizational and time management skills, a strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done, and the ability to function as a team-builder/player.
Build your skills and your future with this leading construction company.
• Manage and direct project team to meet project goals and objectives.
• Provide ongoing training and mentoring for the project team.
• Report directly to senior management.
• Provide project updates and reviews as required by management.
• Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
• Ensure the scope of work, schedule, and budget are clearly defined and understood by senior management and all project participants, including the client.
• Determine, control, and maintain overall project and discipline schedules and budgets.
• Track schedule and budget progress with project milestones and take action to keep the project on track.
• Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget, and/or schedule.
• Maintain ongoing communication with clients and make necessary adjustments to comply with their needs within contractual obligations, or adjust project deliverables to meet client and company needs.
• A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Business Administration is required. However, equivalent experience in a construction-related position will also be considered.
• Must be willing to travel and relocate as our projects are located domestically and internationally.
• Minimum of 5 years of heavy civil underground construction Project Management experience.
• Experience supervising multiple project engineers.
• Underground Heavy Civil Construction background/experience.
• Safety-oriented, 10-hour, and 30-hour OSHA certificates are preferred.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
• Ability to utilize Excel spreadsheets, create excel trackers, and be able to use Word and Powerpoint for reporting/presentations via teams or in person.