Our client is a heavy-civil construction company that specializes in various construction projects including such as dam power transmission and distribution, sewer and water pipeline projects, construction, and rehabilitation. They are known for attracting the highest quality personnel who are committed to producing projects that set a standard for excellence. As a Tunneling Project Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and analyzing project costs, forecasting revenue and costs accruals, processing change orders and Requests for Information, coordinating shop drawings and submittals, maintaining records, managing material deliveries, negotiating contracts, and assisting in project scheduling. It also requires close collaboration with field construction personnel. An ideal candidate should possess a strong work ethic and be willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
Participate in a range of projects around North America and find a rewarding career path with this organization.
• Manage and analyze project costs using our cost control system
• Forecast revenue and costs accruals monthly
• Prepare monthly pay estimates by accumulating necessary data
• Process and estimate change orders and Requests for Information as directed by the Project Manager
• Coordinate and schedule shop drawings and submittals
• Maintain a complete and current record of submittals, approvals, and resubmittal
• Process and manage material deliveries to ensure compliance with Contract documents
• Negotiate subcontractor and material contracts
• Assist in developing and updating project schedules
• Work closely with field construction personnel including Superintendents, Foremen, and Crews
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration (Accounting, Management, or Finance), Construction Management, or a related field. Alternatively, equivalent experience in a construction-related role will also be considered.
• Experience in underground tunneling, underground construction, or mining.
• Willingness to travel and relocate as project sites are located domestically and internationally.
• Ability to access all points of a construction site in varying climates and environments.
• Ability to utilize Excel spreadsheets, create excel trackers, and be able to use Word and Powerpoint for reporting/presentations via teams or in person.