Join a top-tier electrical engineering and construction firm in the US and oversee their accounting processes. This company prides itself on being a renowned specialist contractor with a reputation for detailed bids, precise pricing, and expertise in design-build and fast-track delivery methods.
As a Project Engineer, you'll provide critical administrative, coordination, and field support to Project Executive, Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, and Superintendent during all phases of projects. Your role requires strict adherence and compliance with the company’s standard operating policies and procedures, and a passion for learning and growth. Come join this organization and uphold its commitment to excellence and precision in everything they do.
• Create subcontracts and purchase orders for projects following documented procedures.
• Oversee the purchase of subcontractor/major materials for projects throughout the project's duration.
• Ensure all materials, equipment, and tools are being ordered and arriving on time at the proper job site and maintain field paperwork correctly. Communicate the status of the material to the Foreman, Project Manager, and warehouse.
• Perform a take-off from project plans as directed to recount and verify PV components, equipment, and light fixture quantities.
• Attend various meetings such as job start-up, and turnover, and take meeting minutes and file them appropriately.
• Maintain logs for Change Orders, Material, and Request for Information (RFI).
• Responsible for completing project closeout procedures.
• Assist the Project Manager in creating Budget Breakdowns for projects.
• Communicate and collaborate with different stakeholders in a project such as General Contractors, Vendors, Subcontractors, Design teams, etc.
• Generate computerized project schedules to help manage project timelines.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, or a construction-related field from an accredited institution or equivalent combination of education, technical training, and/or related experience in the electrical contractor and/or construction industry or comparable industry.
• At least 1 year of relevant experience working on electrical construction projects or comparable projects in a related industry.
• Demonstrated capability to work effectively both independently and in team-based environments.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting the required deadlines.
• Proficiency in software/computer programs and equipment.
• General understanding of construction means, methods, and materials.
• Ability to utilize Excel spreadsheets, create excel trackers, and be able to use Word and Powerpoint for reporting/presentations via teams or in person.