This well-known independent power supplier is looking to expand its in-house legal team by hiring a Project Finance for Capital Markets, who has first-hand knowledge in project finance, along with tax equity and debt financing, and who will oversee and assist related transactional and capital markets matters required to structure funding of DG-scale solar energy and solar + storage assets in the nation, both at the project and corporate levels. Our client is committed to purchasing, constructing, financing, and running DG-scale solar energy and storage facilities across the United States.
Join them in their mission to spread renewable energy throughout the world!
• Handling and assisting transaction execution for project financing, including assisting in the structuring of transactions and the drafting and review of transactional documents, as well as liaising with internal and external counsel and team members on transaction documentation, due diligence, transaction closings, and business integration from a legal standpoint.
• Leading, organizing, and implementing corporate and project-level capital markets transactions such as tax equity fundings, warehouse construction financings, securitizations, equipment financings, and permanent financings in the form of bank debt and private placements.
• Cross-functional assistance and strategic collaboration with the internal structured finance team and the Brookfield capital markets NY team
• Involve and oversee outside project finance counsel.
• Contribute to the overall in-house legal team.
• Interact directly with tax equity, debt, investors, and counterparties.
• Ensure the quality, clarity, and consistency of acquisition transactions.
• Directly report to the General Counsel.
• LLB or Juris Doctor from an approved legal school.
• Minimum of 4 years experience at a law firm, preferably in project financing, tax equity, or loan transactions in solar or renewable energy, or comparable direct in-house experience.
• Expertise in transaction management, including the ability to lead a transaction and successfully manage workload and schedules.
• Ability to collaborate closely with cross-functional internal teams and manage many transactions at the same time.
• Knowledge of renewable energy or infrastructure is an advantage.
• Ability to utilize Excel spreadsheets, create excel trackers, and be able to use Word and Powerpoint for reporting/presentations via teams or in person.