This company has been in the sector for over 16 years and specializes in purchasing, developing, constructing, and running distributed solar assets across the nation. This established, expanding company is looking for a Project Development Manager to oversee the development of DG solar and storage projects across the United States, from site acquisition to shovel ready. This position will allow you to obtain experience in solar development, project financing, solar regulations, and data analytics in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. A successful candidate will exhibit attention to detail, great communication with internal and external partners, and problem-solving abilities.
Participate in this company's global distribution of sustainable energy while working with a dynamic, diverse, and rapidly developing team!
• Meet development milestones on schedule and a budget so that projects can proceed to finance and construction.
• Participate in the preparation of permit applications and attend hearings as needed.
• Take priority, manage, evaluate, and track major development deliverables in collaboration with internal teams and outside legal, zoning, environmental, connectivity, and engineering experts.
• Manage and report on project data in terms of budget, timeline, and deliverables.
• Aid in the development of distributed-scale solar and energy storage projects from site control feasibility to construction start.
• Collaborate with internal teams to manage and lead development activities such as site acquisition, real estate, and title, interconnection, engineering, survey, environmental, offtake, and policy.
• Monitor third-party development partners.
• Establishing strategic alliances with development, finance, and EPC partners
• Submit project information to multiple organizations for due diligence review.
• Maintain a database to track the progress of the project.
• Assist with energy acquisition, financing, and project M&A conversations.
• Experience developing solar projects for at least 2-3 years is required.
• Solid working knowledge of real estate and the project entitlement process.
• Knowledge of basic project management tools is required.
• Knowledge of general project finance underwriting requirements.
• Salesforce knowledge is an advantage.
• Ability to utilize Excel spreadsheets, create excel trackers, and be able to use Word and Powerpoint for reporting/presentations via teams or in person.