Join a top-notch global provider of smart energy solutions committed to a cleaner future. Our client maintains the highest environmental standards and prides itself on corporate social responsibility. They need an enthusiastic Corporate Development Manager to join their team and take their career to the next level. The successful candidate will work alongside cross-functional teams to deliver successful renewable projects and open up new markets under the guidance of the Director of Corporate Development.
Don't miss out on this thrilling opportunity to shape a greener tomorrow!
• Provide assistance in the initiation and execution of distributed generation and utility-scale solar and energy storage projects throughout the United States.
• Take the lead in analyzing and evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions (M&A) to acquire projects, portfolios, or companies within the industry.
• Support the project origination team by conducting thorough due diligence and assessing the viability of new greenfield and co-development opportunities.
• Deliver comprehensive economic assessments to internal stakeholders, enabling prompt decision-making by upper management for internally originated projects, co-developed projects, and M&A endeavors.
• Collaborate closely with internal and external partners, such as legal, engineering, operations, EPC (engineering, procurement, and construction), and development teams, as well as consultants, government entities, community groups, and residents, to gather input and optimize financial models.
• Prepare a comprehensive origination package for the investment committee, including project summaries, financial models, budgets, cash flow projections, risk analysis, and financials, to secure budget approvals.
• Cultivate external relationships with property owners, utilities, and local/state government administrators to foster mutually beneficial partnerships.
• Stay updated on market developments, industry news, and relevant events to swiftly identify new business opportunities.
• Efficiently manage internal and external data rooms throughout the origination and sale processes.
• Bachelor's degree with a preference for fields such as Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or Engineering.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in originating renewable energy projects, with a preference for solar or storage projects.
• Experience in transactions involving developers, landowners, utilities, and off-takers.
• Proficient in financial modeling, accurately incorporating inputs, and conducting risk analysis.
• Enthusiastic about the renewable energy industry.
• A Master's degree in a relevant field is preferred.
• Additional experience in project sales, EPC contracting, solar production optimization, and working in a multinational environment is a plus.
• Ability to utilize Excel spreadsheets, create excel trackers, and be able to use Word and Powerpoint for reporting/presentations via teams or in person.