Looking to make a difference in the world? Join this private investment firm that supports cutting-edge companies making an impact on climate change. As active investors, this company offers more than just capital, providing executive insight and a global network of collaborators to help its portfolio company scale faster and smarter. Now, they're seeking an experienced Controller to manage accounting and tax reporting for select portfolio companies.
Come be a part of this company’s mission to drive innovation for a better world.
• Oversee the preparation of financial statements and reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, as well as variance analysis, for senior management or portfolio companies.
• Manage the preparation of annual audited financial statements and tax returns while liaising with third parties such as auditors and tax preparers to ensure compliance with applicable tax and legal requirements in Canada and the United States.
• Lead the month-end closing process, which involves journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, and bank reconciliations, while ensuring the accuracy and completeness of supporting documentation.
• Direct planning and budgeting activities with portfolio companies and assist in providing financial and tax data to support corporate finance, project finance, and mergers and acquisitions activities.
• Optimize treasury and cash operations, including foreign exchange (USD/CAD) and accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
• Manage the monthly invoicing process and inter-company expense allocations and other billings collections.
• Develop accounting policies and procedures, internal financial controls, and corresponding documentation of processes.
• Identify process improvements with senior management and portfolio companies.
• Contribute to strategic reviews and other corporate activities as needed by senior management.
• A bachelor's degree with a focus on accounting, finance, commerce, or a related field is required.
• Professional accounting designation.
• Experience with U.S. accounting principles and cross-border accounting experience is a plus.
• At least 7-10 years of accounting experience, with a preference for experience in real estate or the renewable energy sector.
• Experience with MS Dynamics, Gravity, and QuickBooks is an advantage.
• Ability to utilize Excel spreadsheets, create excel trackers, and be able to use Word and Powerpoint for reporting/presentations via teams or in person.