Join one of the biggest electrical engineering and construction firms in the US as they seek a Controller to oversee the company's accounting processes. This company aspires to be a well-known specialist contractor known for detailed bids, precise pricing, and expertise in design-build and fast-track delivery methods. This role will also be in charge of producing periodic financial reports, maintaining an adequate system of accounting records, and implementing a condensed set of controls and financial plans aimed at reducing risk, enhancing the precision of the company's reported financial results, and making sure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial standards.
Experience an excellent work-life balance as well as the opportunity to advance your career and achieve long-term financial stability by joining this company.
• Keep a written record of your accounting policies and practices.
• Oversee outsourced functions.
• Manage the accounting department’s activities, including the creation of an organizational structure that is appropriate for attaining the department's goals and objectives.
• Assure that accounts payable are paid on time and that any acceptable discounts on accounts payable are obtained.
• Maintain accurate documentation and depreciation records for fixed asset purchases.
• Financial statements and related papers should be issued on time and in full.
• Coordination of the corporate annual report.
• Recommend benchmarks for measuring accounting people’s performance.
• Provide financial analysis as needed, particularly for capital investments, price choices, and contract negotiations.
• Coordination of information distribution to external auditors for the annual audit.
• Track debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
• Guarantee that accounts receivable are collected on time and that payroll and associated payroll taxes are completed on time.
• Comprehensive understanding of all relevant federal, state, and local financial recordkeeping standards.
• Accounting theory, principles, and procedures must be thoroughly understood.
• Solid comprehension of the principles of change management.
• Knowledgeable about software/computer applications and equipment.
• Ability to utilize Excel spreadsheets, create excel trackers, and be able to use Word and Powerpoint for reporting/presentations via teams or in person.